Thursday, June 2, 2011

Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15, 1 fl. oz. (Calming Fair)

When I got married, I went to the Macy's Clinque counter earlier that day to get my makeup done; I was out of town and on a budget so it seemed like the easiest and most cost effective thing to do (if you buy a product, they'll do your makeup for free - since I got a product for my money, not just the makeup job, I liked this plan).  The woman who did my makeup used Redness Solutions liquid foundation on my face, because my complexion has a lot of redness. Even though I am usually a Bare Minerals fan, I decided to buy this Redness Solutions makeup as my "product."



I bought it in "Calming Fair," which seems to be an OK color on me, although I've noticed sometimes when it's really hot it tends to look orangeish (note: this is definitely a product you need to apply all the way down your neck in order to look flawless, or else the color difference will be very apparent). I've also noticed that it glistens on my skin - I know I could solve that problem with a little powder, but to be honest that's just one more step (and product to buy) and I don't like to wear a lot of makeup anyway, so I prefer makeup that I can just apply and wear as-is. In addition, I've noticed that it doesn't last all day - at the end of the day it'll look kind of streaky on my skin if I've touched my face anywhere throughout the day, and I don't like that (this problem would probably also be solved with powder, but you know my stance on that). Here are a few photos, before and after:

Yikes! No makeup
Wearing Clinique Redness Solutions in Calming Fair
(Note: I'm only showing half of my face because the other half is being used for the Bare Minerals review)

It doesn't look bad, but it's just not as good as my Bare Minerals.

Overall: This product does a good job covering up my redness, but it kind of sits on my skin and doesn't absorb, giving it a bit of a glistened effect. It also doesn't last all day without a powder over it. Lastly, it can tend to look orangey in hot weather, when my body temperature is up.

Re-buy?: Probably not. This isn't a bad product, I'm just fortunate that Bare Minerals works better for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment