Friday, June 10, 2011

MAC Paint Pot Painterly, .17 oz

This post is going to be short and sweet because I haven't been feeling well lately. MAC Paint Pot Painterly - I love it! I happened to be shopping with my friend at Victoria Gardens one day a while back and we ended up at the MAC counter in a department store. When I told the makeup artist/sales woman how eye makeup tends to slide right off my eyelids and/or settle in the crease, she recommended this product and it is so worth the money for me.




Since I don't wear eye makeup every day (and I only use this product every week or two when I'm seeing people I actually care about), this product, which is basically an eye makeup primer, is lasting forever. However, even with everyday use I think it'd last quite a long time, because you only need to sweep a little across each eyelid and you're set. This product has a very even texture and slides over my eyelids very smoothly. It also dries quickly so you can put on your eye makeup almost immediately afterwards. Once or twice in a pinch I've even used this product as a concealer to hide a zit and it works pretty well for that too!

Can you tell which eyelid I used this product on?
Note: I only applied eyeshadow as far as the center crease - I did not apply all the way up to my eyebrows.

The other day I put this product on one eyelid in preparation for this review. Then I just put a little brown shimmery eyeshadow on both eyelids and let this product do its thing. After 11 hours, you can see that one eyelid looks considerably better than the other. It still settled in the crease a little, but it wasn't that bad considering I'd been wearing it for so long. My other eyelid was just a disaster, eyeshadow was completely missing from above my eyelashes and settled in the crease like crazy (the difference was more profound in person).

Overall: I love this product. It applies smoothly and evenly, dries quickly and lasts forever. It is well worth the money for my eyelids, which don't usually like to retain eyeshadow.

Re-buy?: If I ever get through this pot, yes. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment