Friday, June 3, 2011

Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream, 10.2 fl.oz.

I discovered Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream while attempting to learn how to curl my hair using a straightener via a YouTube video - it must have been fate because I can't seem to find the same video now. Anyway, the girl in the video said she used this product to set the curl because when you use it you doesn't need to use hairspray or anything, and since it's a leave-in conditioner, it's good for your hair. Even though this product sounded too good to be true, I saw it work in the video so I decided to go out and get some for myself (no joke; I went out and got some that very night). Once I got a hold of it, I saw that this leave-in conditioner is actually for "frizzy, dry, unmanageable hair," which I have been known to have. Lo and behold, it works! I put this product in my hair when I want to define my waves, and it doesn't leave my hair looking and feeling greasy like so many other "anti-frizz" products do, plus it smells great. I even used it when I curled my own hair with a flat iron for my wedding (well, a friend helped me curl my hair in the back).

The magic bottle

Check out my hair on my wedding day

This product is not only great for curling your hair with a straightener, it's great for those days when you want to define your waves and give your hair some body without much effort. Here's how I do that:


Step 1: Work a quarter-sized dollop (depending on your hair's length) into your hair and dry your hair for about 5 minutes with a diffuser attached to your blow dryer until it's mostly dry but still slightly damp (most blow dryers I've seen come with a diffuser, so hopefully you still have it). Make sure to blow dry upside-down for at least half the time. If you don't have your diffuser, just blow dry on a lower setting and keep the blow dryer farther from your hair than usual (you should also blow dry upside-down at least half the time). When you're about done blow drying, finish it off by using the "cool" setting all over until your hair feels, well, cool (or at least not hot anymore) - this'll help set the style.

Diffuser on my blow dryer

Step 2: Work another dollop into your damp hair (I usually apply it to my hair upside-down) and put it up in one of those messy ponytail/bun-type things. Leave your hair this way for as long as you can while you continue to get ready (the longer you leave it, the more pronounced your waves).

Messy ponytail/bun-type thing

Step 3: Take the ponytail thing out and fluff your hair a bit by gently putting your fingers through your hair and taking them out again starting at the roots while your head is upside-down (hopefully that makes sense!). If it doesn't look de-frizzed enough, or defined enough, just use more product - seriously, I've never used too much of this stuff and some days I use a lot. After you like the way your hair looks, you can set it with a hairspray or finishing spray if you want; I usually will if it's going to be a long day.


Voilà! Wavy hair with minimal effort

If you want to learn how to curl your hair with a straightener, check out YouTube - I can't vouch for any of those videos because I haven't tried them, but I can recommend using Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream in place of whatever product they use!

Overall: This is a great product, and you get a lot for your money (I think it was only $3 or $4). It smells nice and doesn't leave my hair looking and feeling greasy like a lot of other "anti-frizz" products do, and it's versatile - I can use it to curl my hair with a flat iron, to give my wavy hair some definition, or even in place of a rinse-off conditioner in the shower when I use Neutrogena Anti-residue Shampoo (review for that coming soon). And honestly, you can't use too much of this stuff. If your dollop wasn't big enough the first time, try again with more. Some days I use more than others, but have never felt like I've used too much. It's awesome.

Re-buy?: Yes! I love this hair product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment