Sunday, May 29, 2011

Clinique Almost Lipstick (Black Honey)

I came across Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey the other day at TJ Maxx. At first glance it's not a very appealing color - they aren't kidding with that color name! It really does look almost black.



However, once you put it on it's a nice rosy color. What's interesting about this product is that the pigment becomes more intense the more liberally you apply it. The thing is, once I apply a lot of it, I've noticed it settles in the lines on my lips which I don't like. I think I'll stick to one or two swipes for the more subtle look, which I prefer anyway.

Bare lips (in a warm room)

Two swipes (in a warm room)

Liberal application (in a warm room)

Settled in my lip lines (it's more profound in person)

Overall: The texture is good; not too creamy but not sticky either. It smells slightly waxy, but has no taste. I really like this product and I think it would look good on anyone, as it seems to adjust to everyone differently. It's not great in cold weather, but works really well when it's warm. It's actually very similar to Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose (except that one doesn't become more intense with liberal application) - read my review for that product here.

Re-buy?: Probably not, unless I find it at a discount store again (or get a job). I looked it up and this full-sized tube costs $25.50 on Amazon! But if you can afford it, it's definitely worth a try. I can't see it looking bad on anyone.

1 comments:

Vicente said...

Turn them on with the promise of an easy and enjoyable experience and they'll stay for more.
website

Post a Comment