Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Foundation, .28 oz (Fairly Light)

I've been using Bare Minerals loose powder foundation since 2008 and I love it! I bought one of the "starter sets" on a whim after seeing one of its infomercials on late-night TV and I am so glad I did. Although I'll occasionally experiment with other foundations to make sure I'm not missing out on something better (Clinique Redness Solutions liquid foundation, for example), this has been my go-to face makeup for years because it works the best for my skin.


At first I wasn't sure if it would work for me because I have dry skin and this is a loose powder; I thought might dry out my skin more. But it doesn't! It kind of absorbs into my skin and gives it a nice matte look. I apply it with the Bare Minerals Handy Buki brush, which does the job perfectly. The kit also came with Mineral Veil loose powder which you're supposed to apply after the foundation to "set" the look, but I've used it and haven't noticed a difference between when I apply the Mineral Veil and when I don't, so I don't think it's necessary. 


I also have a very red complexion and this makeup covers it right up. I've heard mixed reviews for people with serious acne, but if you just need to cover redness and a pimple or two this makeup does the job. The best part is, one canister of this stuff lasts me about 6-7 months with everyday wear, and I've gone more than a year without buying a new one if I only wear it a few days a week (sometimes when I'm especially poor I'll brave the world without makeup to conserve money). Here are some before and after pics for comparison:


Without makeup; redness galore

Wearing Bare Minerals in Fairly Light
(Note: I'm only showing half of my face because the other half is being used for the Clinique Redness Solutions review)

Overall: I love this makeup. It's been my go-to foundation for the last three years and I've yet to find something better, although I occasionally try new products just in case. It doesn't dry out my skin, it covers my redness, it lasts all day, and one canister gets me through at least 6 months.

Re-buy?: I've been re-buying it since 2008 and I haven't found any reason to stop yet!

*** Success! Based on this review, a friend of mine was interested in this product and went out and got herself a starter kit from Sephora. Read her reaction (and her friend's) on our Facebook page. ***

1 comments:

Jen said...

HA! I use this SAME EXACT FOUNDATION. Same COLOR even!!!

Post a Comment