Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dial Complete Foaming Anti-Bacterial Hand Soap (Pear)

I bought Pear-scented Dial Complete hand soap (7.5 oz) for our bathroom on May 6, 2011 - three and a half weeks ago. Take a look at how much is left:


Ethan and I are not the sort of people who wash our hands 50 times a day or anything, so I am amazed that we have gone through this soap so quickly (and not amazed in a good way). Now, I am not normally a fan of foaming hand soaps (I like to create a lather myself, it makes me feel like the soap is working), but I tried this at a friend's house and it smelled nice. Since we needed new hand soap anyway, I bought some.

We don't like it. This entire bottle will only have lasted about a month! For a household of two, that is unacceptable - it usually takes us about 3 months to go through a bottle of hand soap. Not only that, but for the last week or two I've washed my hands in the kitchen a few times in order to avoid using this soap because it dries out my hands - so we aren't even using this soap as often as we normally would and it is still disappearing at an alarming rate. The website claims that the lather is "lotion-soft," but whether or not the lather is or isn't lotion-soft doesn't matter to me - I want my hands to feel lotion-soft after using this product (or at least normal! Dry as a bone is just uncomfortable). But, on a positive note, it does smell good. It's not an overwhelming sweet smell or anything, but rather is a light fruity scent that stays on your hands for a while (in a good way).

Overall: This was not a good product for us. We aren't germaphobes so Dial's claim that it kills 99.99% of germs and is #1 doctor recommended doesn't do much for us as a selling point. The soap left our hands dry and uncomfortable and we went through the bottle extremely fast. On the bright side, the soap does smell good and the scent is long-lasting.

Re-buy?: Definitely not. Although this product was relatively cheap (about $2), it wasn't worth the money for us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment